- How did the audience respond to Prince's "conversations with God" during the "Purple Rain" tour?
- How did the audience respond to the spiritual segment of the "Lovesexy" tour?
- At what point in his career did Prince seem to be communicating a spiritual message to his audience?
- What changes occurred for Prince during the 1990s?
- What prop was almost always present on Prince's tours?
Wednesday, September 11, 2013
"The Light of God" - Interview with Roy Bennett
"I used to have to do lighting scenes as if the lights were God talking back to him."
As I mentioned, I also interviewed Roy Bennett, a lighting and set designer who worked with Prince for 14 years. I'm so grateful that he took time out from his busy schedule to speak with me. Here are some of the subjects we touched on:
Prince fans: do you already know some of the answers to the questions above?