My New Year's resolution for this blog is to write 52 entries in 2016--or one blog entry per week. I've been at this for five years, and I have never achieved that goal. Some years I came close; others were pretty laughable. Let's take a look back:
- 2010: Six entries. I started the blog in December 2010, so that number makes sense. I successfully blogged once per week during that month.
- 2011: Thirteen entries. In 2011, I was engrossed in my intense one-year graduate school program, and my internship at Billboard. For a large portion of the year, I was trying not to die in New York.
- 2012: Forty-one entries. I was really on my game that year. I came home after my internship and really focused on writing and getting interviews for the book. I'm proud of the work I did.
- 2013: Thirty-nine entries. Still decent. I continued to land some important interviews for the book.
- 2014: Nine entries. Whoa. I was about to feel ashamed of myself, but after scanning my entries, I spent most of the year writing the book instead of blogging about it.
- 2015: Twenty-one. I got back on track, but I still spent a lot of time writing. I was really focused on finishing enough of the book to get my master's degree. I still can't believe I did it!
I'm really excited to see what happens this year. I'm very motivated. If something comes up, I'm going to write my weekly post early and schedule it to go out later, or perhaps I'll write two posts in one week. The blog calendar I created is really coming in handy so far.
Wish me luck!
Post a Comment