As I've said before, I'd like to visit Prince's hometown in the near future, and I'd really like some insight on the must-see Prince places. Note: I am NOT trying to invade his privacy and go to his current Minneapolis home à la Kesha, so don't give me directions there.
- First Avenue, the club where Prince regularly performed, and the main setting for his masterpiece movie, "Purple Rain."
- The real Lake Minnetonka, the place where "Appolonia" (Patricia Kotera) thought she was "purifying" herself in the famous "Purple Rain" scene (Prince fans - where was that scene really shot?).
- 915 Logan Avenue, the home where Prince lived as a kid.
- Park Avenue United Methodist Church, the church that Prince has attended, and the setting for his wedding to first wife Mayte Garcia, who was recently interviewed about her upcoming reality show, "Hollywood Exes" (thanks for the tip, Dimitri).
- Central High School, Prince's high school.
So, Minneapolis Prince fans, if you have any tips for me, or if there are other places that I should definitely check out, please leave me a message in the comments section below, or send me a private message here!
Have a good week, and thanks for reading!
It's nice to see that the blog is coming along nicely, as is your progress in making the book a reality! I really need to spend more time here as your posts are very much informative. And thanks again for keeping me in your blogroll!
with Peace and Love2tha9s-
Thank you so much for the comment! You have a great site. I'm happy to support it.